Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Might Just Like Eggs After All


For a girl who's not particularly a fan the of the "incredible, edible egg", this week was a little rough. The texture, the smell, it all put me off to them. Well, welcome to Week 1, and you my dear, will be making eggs. Did I mention, there will be a LOT of eggs. Get over every hang up you ever had, grab a pan, and get to cooking. That is what I did. I went in with a dozen eggs, some gruyere (not a lot, but enough), and some chives. After quite a few mistakes, a very lucky (but inadvertently very gassy) dog, and I think I got it. Tada! A french omelet with gruyere and chives. Unlike class, this one is not runny, there is the perfect amount of white pepper and salt (refer to white pepper "incident" on day one of class), and it tasted amazing to boot! Yes, I said an egg was amazing. I might just be an omelet fan. Strange, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious. I love eggs. If you ever need help eating your homework just holla!

    ReplyDelete